So you’ve just started a Direct Sales business. You’re pretty excited, aren’t you? Your mind is going a million miles a minute. You haven’t even received your starter kit yet and you can’t stop talking about your new business.
1. When is payday? To include follow-on questions: How do we get paid -Pay Card? Hard Copy Check? How often? Is there a minimum commission I need before they’ll issue a check? It always amazes me the number of people who start a business and don’t know how or when they get paid.
2. How much do I get paid? Would you ever accept a jobby job without knowing the pay scale? Then don’t start a business without knowing the compensation plan either!
3. Are there any smart start incentives? Many companies have time-sensitive promotions and incentives. Don’t let your window of opportunity pass you by.
4. What are the top policies I need to know? Likely you received a policies and procedures manual. It can be overwhelming. Find out initially what you absolutely must do and also what you must avoid doing.
5. Who is my upline? If you don’t have the contact information for your sponsor and for your upline manager/director, get it. When you actually need help is not the time to be tracking down your support network. Obtain this information before you need it.
While it’s not brain surgery, there is much to know in Direct Sales. Rather than overwhelm yourself initially trying to learn it all, or conversely, not attempting to learn any of it – concentrate on these five basic questions. Once you have these mastered, keep moving forward and keep learning.
Enjoy your new business! (Because if you’re not enjoying it, what’s the point of continuing!)
About the Author: Laurie Ayers is a WAHM from Michigan and a Superstar Director with Scentsy Wickless Candles. She enjoys helping others start and maintain a candle business. You can find Laurie at https://la.Scentsy.us or https://www.ThrivingCandleBusiness.com