Direct Sales Lessons Learned from Mama Robin
Last week my daughter pointed out that we had a bird’s nest on the top of our front porch light. How that happened so quickly I have no clue because we use that door daily and that light frequently. You’d think we would have noticed as the nest was under construction. I used a mirror to see if there were any eggs in it. There were not. But we decided to just leave it alone for a few days to see if it would be used, after all, someone went to a great deal of work building it.
Sure enough within a day or so, the nest has eggs in it and most all day and night there is a beautiful robin who sits atop her babies. I try to use the side door as much as possible as I don’t want to disturb our little mama robin. Though any time someone gets anywhere near the walk way she frantically flies away onto the garden swing nearby so she can keep a close watch on her eggs.
Then I started thinking about how I could relate this little occurrence to my direct sales business.
- It took her planning and preparation to find a location and supplies to build her nest.
- She worked diligently and expediently to achieve her objective.
- If she must leave the nest to tend to other business or to get away from perceived danger of humans, she never goes very far nor is gone very long before she returns to the matter at hand.
- Now she spends a majority of her time devoted to achieving her long term goal of sitting on her eggs until they hatch.
- Once the eggs hatch she won’t be done. She still has the responsibility of feeding, nurturing and training up her babies so that they can be self sufficient.
Ok, do you see it”¦ the correlation between having a goal and working hard to see it through to completion? Whether you’re a brand new consultant, or have been at it a while or are a manager or director within your company, I think we can all take a lesson from Mama Robin.
About the Author: Laurie Ayers is a Michigan work from home mom and a Superstar Director with Scentsy Wickless Candles. She enjoys helping men and women start and maintain a home based business in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Germany, Ireland and the UK. To download a FREE Start Up Guide which provides more details about how to start a home business as well as to learn about our compensation plan go to http://www.thrivingcandlebusiness.com/how-to-start-a-candle-business/