If your Scentsy candle warmer stops working don’t worry it’s generally an easy fix.
If it stops working all together:
- Change the lightbulb
- Check to ensure the light bulb is securely screwed in
- Make sure the plug didn’t come loose from the wall
- Try a different outlet
- Hit the reset button on your outlet if it’s a GFI
Those may seem like a BGO (Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious) but you’d be amazed how many times it’s one of those five issues above that has caused warmers to stop working.
If your warmer still works but doesn’t melt all the wax:
- Check the light bulb. Most importantly ensure it’s the right wattage. Scentsy wall unit, plug-in candle warmers use a 15 watt bulb. The midsize and three piece warmers such as the Hokey Pokey use a 20 watt bulb. Our standard, full size uses a 25 watt bulb. You can get replacement bulbs from your consultant or many home repair stores and superstores carry them. It is very important you replace it with the correct wattage. This is the most common reason warmers stop melting the wax fully. You need to get the bulbs with the small candelabra base.
- Make sure you don’t have too much wax in there. Generally one or two cubes are plenty. One Scentsy candle bar contains eight cubes.
- Look for drafts. Drafts from windows, fans, vents or air returns can greatly affect the way your warmer melts the wax. Move it to a different location if you suspect drafts may be the problem. This is another common reason why wax doesn’t melt the way it used to.
***If you’ve done the self-diagnostics above and you’re still having troubles contact the Scentsy consultant who sold the warmer. If that person is no longer with Scentsy you can contact our customer service at 877-855-0617.***
Scentsy’s Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Scentsy products come with a Lifetime Replacement Warranty for manufacturer’s defects. A customer who has a product that is damaged in shipping from Scentsy, has a manufacturer’s defect, or has an indication of an electrical issue may return it, with no limitation in time, for repair or replacement through their Consultant or directly through Scentsy Family by calling Consultant Support and following the Returned Merchandise procedure.
Hopefully you will have years and years of enjoyment and great aromas from your Scentsy candle warmers. I am on my eleventh year of using Scentsy and have never had a warmer stop melting the wax or stop working all together. As I said, it’s rare. But if it happens, now you know what to do.
Please Like, Share or Post a Comment!
About the Author: Laurie Ayers is a Michigan work from home mom and a Superstar Director with Scentsy Wickless Candles. She enjoys helping men and women start and maintain a home based business in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Germany, Ireland, UK, France, Austria and Spain. To download a FREE Start Up Guide which provides more details about how to start a home business as well as to learn about our compensation plan go to www.thrivingcandlebusiness.com/how-to-start-a-candle-business/