What is a Scentsy Bar?
A Scentsy Bar is a block of fragrant wax in eight break-apart sections.
Where are Scentsy Bars made?
Scentsy manufactures all wax products at its headquarters in Meridian, Idaho.
What kind of fragrance oils are used in Scentsy Bars?
Scentsy uses both synthetic and naturally-derived fragrances oils to achieve the highest quality and longest-lasting bar. Synthetic oils are used for several reasons, including:
- When using natural oils results in unrestrained use of limited or endangered natural resources.
- When it isn’t possible to derive the natural oils from nature. For example, synthetic oil is necessary to reproduce lily of the valley because fragrance cannot be extracted from this flower through typical extraction methods.
- When it is cost prohibitive to acquire natural oils and would preclude Scentsy from offering particular fragrances without increasing the price for customers.
What kind of wax is used to make Scentsy Bars?
We use a custom, high-quality paraffin wax blend designed to give you long-lasting fragrance and selected for its scent loading ability, melting point and firmness.
Why doesn’t Scentsy use a soy- or vegetable-based wax?
Soy- or vegetable-based waxes can produce a quality wicked candle, but not a quality wickless candle.
How many cubes of wax do I use in my warmer?
One or two cubes should be plenty. Once the scent runs out, replace the wax with fresh cubes.
How do I clean the wax out of the warmer?
While the wax is melted, pour it out and wipe the dish clean with a paper towel.
Are Scentsy Bars safe?
Scentsy Bars are safer than wicked candles because no flame is required for the wax to melt and release fragrance. Since the wax is warmed and not burned as with traditional candles, no harmful chemicals or pollutants are released into the air. With Scentsy, there is no flame, smoke, soot or lead.
Do Scentsy Bars contain harmful phthalates?
Scentsy Bars do not contain or release harmful phthalates. A small percentage of Scentsy Bar fragrances contain extremely low levels of non-harmful diethyl phthalate (DEP), commonly used in fragrances to help blend ingredients and to make fragrances last longer. DEP is thoroughly tested and is consistently regarded as safe for use in fragrance by several government bodies including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the European Union Scientific Committee on Consumer Products (SCCP). Scentsy follows all safety standards regulating the use of DEP set by the International Fragrance Association (IFRA).
Do Scentsy Bars contain any nut or mineral oils? Do they contain Bisphenol A (BPA), gluten, lead, egg or formaldehyde?
Scentsy Bars and fragrance oils do not contain any kind of nut or mineral oils. They are BPA-, gluten-, lead-, eggand formaldehyde-free.
How should I store my Scentsy Bars?
Store your Scentsy Bars in a cool, dry area of your home, away from direct sunlight. If you store bars next to a stove or in direct sunlight, the top fragrance notes may be released from the heat.
Why can’t I smell my favorite Scentsy Bar anymore?
Occasionally, you can become immune to a scent or fragrance note by simply warming it too frequently. For example, if you warm cinnamon fragrances all year, your nose may actually begin to filter out the smell of cinnamon. By switching out your Scentsy fragrances regularly, you can prevent this from happening.
I placed a new cube in my Scentsy warmer, but I can’t smell it. Why not?
Each fragrance has a different level of scent throw depending on the fragrance oil composition. Factors such as weather, humidity, ventilation systems and elevation may alter scent throw.
- Weather and humidity: At higher temperatures, water molecules are more likely to go into the vapor phase, so there will be more water vapor in the air. When fragrance and water molecules bind together, the water weighs fragrance down, creating less diffusion of the fragrance into the air. When there is less moisture into the air, fragrance has better diffusion and can be perceived as stronger.
- Environment: Large rooms, ceiling fans and flooring may affect how scent dissipates, as do open windows and ventilation systems.
- Certain fragrance notes can be perceived as stronger than others based on their molecular structure and your sense of smell. For example, citrus notes are top notes, typically recognizable and can be considered stronger because your nose smells these notes first. In contrast, musk notes are base notes, aren’t typically recognizable and are used to create harmony within a fragrance. You could expect citrus dominate fragrances to be perceived as stronger than musky ones.
What is a Scent Pak?
A Scent Pak is a high-thread-count bag with food-safe polymer beads injected with flavor and fragrance oil.
How long will the fragrance in a Scent Pak last?
A Scent Pak will last approx. 30 days.
How do I use a Room Spray?
Spray your Room Spray into the center of a well-ventilated room. Make sure you’re familiar with the consumer warning label on the back of the bottle.
Are Room Sprays non-aerosol?
Is the Room Spray bottle recyclable?
What is the material used in a Travel Tin?
Travel Tins contain metagel, a microscopic, sponge-like, open-cell foam and fragrance oils. Travel Tins stay solid up to 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
How should I use my Travel Tin? Simply slide the cover over a little for a bit of fragrance and a lot if you want a stronger fragrance throw.
Where should I use my Travel Tin?
Travel Tins are designed for smaller spaces and are perfect for gym lockers, hotel rooms, bathrooms, cars, closets or anywhere a fragrance on the go would be beneficial. Make sure you’re familiar with the consumer warning label on the back of the packaging.
How long does a Travel Tin last?
The length of a Travel Tin is dependent upon several conditions:
- Travel Tins lose potency faster in a hot or dry environment, as opposed to a cold or humid one.
- Some scents disperse at a faster rate than others, so two Travel Tins opened at the same time will likely have different life spans.
- Travel Tins with a fully opened lid will dispense scent faster than if the lid is partially opened.