Musk fragrance: It’s not for everyone. It’s one of those Love It or No Thank You scents. I am on Team #LoveIt!
Some may describe musk as strong. More accurately I’d say it’s distinctive, similar to how patchouli is distinctive. I’m not suggesting musk smells like patchouli, rather referencing it has an unquestionable scent. It’s a cologne scent, for both men and women.
Skin Musk Oil
Anyone remember Bonne Bell Skin Musk oil from the 80s? I sure did! I wore it in Junior High school. I wear big girl musk now, Black Musk oil from The Body Shop.
What Does Musk Smell Like?
An October 2016 article in GQ describes it this way: “Musk is the most commonly used raw material in fragrance and can be found in almost every perfume. Its earthy, animalistic, sensual qualities are brilliant at balancing other ingredients and also helps to fix them, allowing the resulting fragrance to last longer.” Roar. Purrr. And Me-ow!
Scentsy currently has six different fragrances that contain musk.
These three are currently in wax form and from our January 2018 Bring Back My Bar Promotion:
- Peony Petals wickless candle wax: Peony and rose petals dance on a soft breeze.
- Shaka wickless candle wax: Classically cool: rich sandalwood infused with a splash of bergamot and lime.
- Simply Irresistible wickless candle wax: Lavender with a strong, woody background of amber, moss, and musk.
These musk scented products are not all currently available in candle wax but are in laundry care and air fresheners:
- Clean Breeze wickless candle wax, room spray, scent circle, scent pak, travel tin: White florals with a touch of spring; this is the scent of fresh, clean laundry.
- Newborn Nursery scent pak: Fresh, clean, and powdery, this dreamy scent evokes memories of cradling your little ones.
- Ocean dryer disks, scent circle, washer whiffs: Cool and refreshing aquatic notes deepened with water lilies and ocean breezes.
Musk – it’s not just for cologne!
Please Like, Share and Leave a Comment