Christmas Planning in July
Whenever you hear people mention Christmas in July, they’re frequently referring to having a big sale in the summer to buy or sell some Christmas items at a great price. It’s hard for people to think that far ahead; let alone fork over money even if it is a good bargain. It’s vacation season and close to back to school time.
Instead of thinking of sales in July, think of planning in July.
If you haven’t already done so, now is the time as a direct seller you should be setting up your Christmas season.
- Are there vendor events you need to schedule? Sometimes those book a year in advance but there still may be some you can get into.
- Will you be advertising in a gift giving guide?
- Are you going to host a customer appreciation event or special offer?
- Plan a cash and carry event and offer festive snacks and free gift wrapping.
- Fill your calendar. Hosts like free and half off items too to help with their gift giving.
- Heavily recruit new team members who need money for gifts or who want to buy from themselves.
Direct sales is a business that you have to balance always looking and planning forward and not sacrificing the current month. It’s also a business that is sometimes a bit slower in the summer so it’s the perfect time to set up your holiday season.
Christmas in July – tis the season!
See you at the top!
About the Author: Laurie Ayers is a Michigan work from home mom and a Superstar Director with Scentsy Wickless Candles. She enjoys helping men and women start and maintain a home based business in the US, Canada, Australia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Germany, Ireland and the UK. To download a FREE Start Up Guide which provides more details about how to start a home business as well as to learn about our compensation plan go to https://www.thrivingcandlebusiness.com/how-to-start-a-candle-business/