That’s a pretty enticing subject line, isn’t it? Who doesn’t love freebies? I know plenty of potential direct sales consultants who shop around for the best offer. “What will you give me if I join your team?” “What joining specials are you offering?” This is actually problematic for a number of reasons, so I thought it’d be a good topic to discuss.
I believe what I am about to say is true for many direct sales companies, but I only have intimate, first-hand knowledge about how Scentsy works. Therefore I’ll address this using Scentsy as an example, but I suspect the information may be transferrable to many other companies.
Scentsy policies strictly prohibit any recruiting specials at all. This means a consultant cannot promise if you join her/his team to give you a free product, website, business supplies, pay for your starter kit or anything else with any monetary gain or value at all. Nothing. Yet on any given day you may find consultants posting online some recruiting enticement. “Join My Team and Get a Free”¦”
If you’re just looking to collect starter kits and get freebies, then you probably don’t really care if it’s against corporate policies or not. However, if you’re looking to start a business or to earn some extra income, this is something you may want to pay close attention to. This likely means that you will be enrolling with a sponsor who either has blatant disregard for policies or who hasn’t read the policies and isn’t knowledgeable about the inner workings of the company. Either way, it’s not a positive way to start a business relationship. If they’re cheating or are ignorant to the rules, do you really want this person as your mentor? Continue reading
Nope, not a typo, I did mean the title to say sweet potato scent. Say what? Hang with me a second. Scentsy makes a fabulous candle scent called Pumpkin Marshmallow. At first blush that may sound like an interesting combination. But consider your sweet potatoes on your holiday dinner table. What are you picturing? Orange squashy potato goodness topped with marshmallows, right?
No carbs and no calories with the sweet potato scent. The Pumpkin Marshmallow Scentsy Bar is described as sticky, sweet marshmallow spooned onto fresh-baked pumpkin and wrapped in a graham cracker crust. Is your mouth watering yet?
The holidays are right around the corner, actually almost upon your door step so pick some up today and have UPS deliver it to your door. Order here.
Okay, let me clarify that title, those of us who have birthdays in December want Christmas presents. We just don’t want one present with the declaration, “This is for your birthday AND Christmas.” Many of us heard that when we were a kid; and now that we’re adults, we’d be okay not hearing it still.
But what to get an adult, right? Well it is the thought that counts, so a nice card, lunch or phone call would be plenty. But IF you wanted to give a gift, why not give a unique one? Sure you could give a bottle of wine or a Target gift card, but where’s the “˜wow factor’ in that?
Why not give your favorite December baby a Scentsy cupcake candle warmer? It’s all the scent without the calories, and it says that you put some thought behind your gift. And it definitely does not say “This is for your birthday AND Christmas.” Rather it sets apart the special day of his/her birth. Add a couple different candle bars – the Happy Birthday scent would be a good one – and you have a fabulous gift.
Easy online ordering can be shipped directly to the recipient. Order here.
I had the opportunity to visit the Scentsy Wickless Distribution Center last week. I was always impressed with the speed and accuracy this facility fulfills the individual and party orders submitted by customers and independent consultants but I now have a whole new appreciation for the process and the employees.
I’m not even sure I can explain what I saw and do it justice. It is a very complex system that runs like a well oiled machine. It’s very systematic and full of checks and balances along the way to ensure accuracy. Just as each individual independent Scentsy consultant is an essential piece in the entire team puzzle, each employee plays a vital role in fulfilling our orders.
Thinking of some of the employees who touch each order:
- The person who prints off the orders and organizes them for fulfillment
- The person who hand-picks the candle bars, sets them on the cart and then forwards the cart to the next zone
- The person(s) who continue to hand pick each item from the shelves until all product items are on the cart
- The person who labels and scans the inventory then packs the boxes
- The person who gets the box on the UPS tractor trailer
Get the Scoop on Scentsy’s New Brands
Have you heard the buzz? There’s lots of online chatter about Scentsy New Brand. Scentsy will be launching new product lines and new brands this year. That is a true story. There are plenty of rumors and speculations about specifics that have not been announced yet. So I will give you the scoop. Come closer “¦ because I have to whisper it.
Oh come on, you didn’t really think I was going to spill the beans here on my little blog did you? Okay, how about this – I will tell you what I know and what I can tell you. Fair enough?
At this time there are two different big changes coming with Scentsy.
- One is our new Spring/Summer catalog that starts March 1, 2012. In that catalog, as with all new catalogs we launch, there will be some new, exciting products. That’s only about six weeks for you to wait until you can order from the new Scentsy seasonal catalog. As with previous catalog changes, some items will remain, some will go away either permanently or until next Fall, and then some new products will be introduced. Hot diggity, can’t wait.
- Then the second big change is something coming later this Spring and it will be a brand new company or Scentsy’s new brand under the big Scentsy, Inc. parent company umbrella. It will offer different products and a different name. It will be different than the current Scentsy home fragrance company you’ve come to know and love. It will be a fabulous opportunity to get in on a ground floor opportunity, managed by an established successful organization (Scentsy, Inc.). This is in addition to, not instead of, the current Scentsy.
- Then the third big change is something additional coming later this year and it will be yet another brand new company or Scentsy’s new brand also under the big Scentsy, Inc. parent company umbrella. It will also offer different products and a different name. It will also be different than the current Scentsy home fragrance company you’ve come to know and love. It will also be a fabulous opportunity to get in on a ground floor opportunity, managed by an established successful organization (Scentsy, Inc.). This is in addition to, not instead of, the current Scentsy.
What I know for certain: Continue reading