Okay, let me clarify that title, those of us who have birthdays in December want Christmas presents. We just don’t want one present with the declaration, “This is for your birthday AND Christmas.” Many of us heard that when we were a kid; and now that we’re adults, we’d be okay not hearing it still.
But what to get an adult, right? Well it is the thought that counts, so a nice card, lunch or phone call would be plenty. But IF you wanted to give a gift, why not give a unique one? Sure you could give a bottle of wine or a Target gift card, but where’s the “˜wow factor’ in that?
Why not give your favorite December baby a Scentsy cupcake candle warmer? It’s all the scent without the calories, and it says that you put some thought behind your gift. And it definitely does not say “This is for your birthday AND Christmas.” Rather it sets apart the special day of his/her birth. Add a couple different candle bars – the Happy Birthday scent would be a good one – and you have a fabulous gift.
Easy online ordering can be shipped directly to the recipient. Order here.
I had the opportunity to visit the Scentsy Wickless Distribution Center last week. I was always impressed with the speed and accuracy this facility fulfills the individual and party orders submitted by customers and independent consultants but I now have a whole new appreciation for the process and the employees.
I’m not even sure I can explain what I saw and do it justice. It is a very complex system that runs like a well oiled machine. It’s very systematic and full of checks and balances along the way to ensure accuracy. Just as each individual independent Scentsy consultant is an essential piece in the entire team puzzle, each employee plays a vital role in fulfilling our orders.
Thinking of some of the employees who touch each order:
- The person who prints off the orders and organizes them for fulfillment
- The person who hand-picks the candle bars, sets them on the cart and then forwards the cart to the next zone
- The person(s) who continue to hand pick each item from the shelves until all product items are on the cart
- The person who labels and scans the inventory then packs the boxes
- The person who gets the box on the UPS tractor trailer
Get the Scoop on Scentsy’s New Brands
Have you heard the buzz? There’s lots of online chatter about Scentsy New Brand. Scentsy will be launching new product lines and new brands this year. That is a true story. There are plenty of rumors and speculations about specifics that have not been announced yet. So I will give you the scoop. Come closer “¦ because I have to whisper it.
Oh come on, you didn’t really think I was going to spill the beans here on my little blog did you? Okay, how about this – I will tell you what I know and what I can tell you. Fair enough?
At this time there are two different big changes coming with Scentsy.
- One is our new Spring/Summer catalog that starts March 1, 2012. In that catalog, as with all new catalogs we launch, there will be some new, exciting products. That’s only about six weeks for you to wait until you can order from the new Scentsy seasonal catalog. As with previous catalog changes, some items will remain, some will go away either permanently or until next Fall, and then some new products will be introduced. Hot diggity, can’t wait.
- Then the second big change is something coming later this Spring and it will be a brand new company or Scentsy’s new brand under the big Scentsy, Inc. parent company umbrella. It will offer different products and a different name. It will be different than the current Scentsy home fragrance company you’ve come to know and love. It will be a fabulous opportunity to get in on a ground floor opportunity, managed by an established successful organization (Scentsy, Inc.). This is in addition to, not instead of, the current Scentsy.
- Then the third big change is something additional coming later this year and it will be yet another brand new company or Scentsy’s new brand also under the big Scentsy, Inc. parent company umbrella. It will also offer different products and a different name. It will also be different than the current Scentsy home fragrance company you’ve come to know and love. It will also be a fabulous opportunity to get in on a ground floor opportunity, managed by an established successful organization (Scentsy, Inc.). This is in addition to, not instead of, the current Scentsy.
What I know for certain: Continue reading
If you’re bummed that your favorite Scentsy candle scent has been retired or discontinued, now is your chance to vote for your favorite to Bring Back My Bar. We’ll bring back 20 of the most highly requested scents -make sure your favorites are among them! Voting will close Oct. 28, and the chosen fragrances will be available for the month of January 2012 only. You can vote for your favorites here.
Pick from: Absolutely Apricot, African Mahogany, Almond Cookies, Alpine Holiday, Always, Amaretto, Amore, Apple Bayleaf, Apples & Pears, April Showers, Awapuhi Seaberry, Baja Breeze, Baked Brown Sugar, Bamboo Pear, Bamboo Sugar Cane, Banana Flower, Banana Nut Bread, Bananarama, Bayberry, Be Mine, Beach, Begonia, Bergamot, Bergamot & Tarragon, Berries & Bubbly, Berry Blush, Berry Tart, Blackberry Bushel, Blue Christmas, Bourbon, Boysenberry Moss, Breathless, Bridal Bouquet, Bubblegum, Buttermints, Calyspo, Cappucino, Caramel Spice, Caribbean Fruit Salad, Carrot Cake, Casablanca, Cashmere, Cedar Sandalwood Continue reading
Someone phoned me this week to ask about the Scentsy business. She found my website earlier but wasn’t 100% convinced she was calling the same person as the website she’d found earlier this summer. After chatting a bit, she asked me if I had recently changed the characters on my website. Bingo! We solved the mystery. I did in fact recently add a new header. I loved the little lady I had on the top left side of Thriving Candle Business.com. She served me well as a TCB spokeswoman for a number of years. But it was time to widen my focus.
More and more men are getting involved with Scentsy. See my Real Men Sell Candles page for more info on why Scentsy is a man friendly business. I wanted a header that embraced our consultant base of both males and females.
So there you have it. If you’re looking for this Scentsy website:
It’s the same site, same content (always adding more) but new look.