In no particular order, below are the top 11 reasons why I love to work from home:
1. When the kiddo calls from school and say “I forgot my “… I can buzz it right up to her.
2. If I feel like taking a nap, I can.
3. I am the boss of me.
4. I can get a hair appointment on short notice because I can make it at almost any time.
5. If I have a sick child I don’t have to rearrange any schedules or call off work.
6. I get to hang out with my basset hounds all day.
7. I can bake cookies or decorate a cake at the same time I’m on a telecon.
8. I get to decide what time I’m done working or if I want to play hooky for the day.
9. I don’t have to worry about hitting the boss key – ever.
10. When telemarketers call I say “This is a business!” Then they quickly hang up and don’t call again.
11. I can get showered and put my face on at anytime I want. Or not at all if I don’t want.
What are your top reasons why you love to work from home? If you don’t work at home but want to, then join me; I’ll help you!
If your direct sales business is getting ready to switch to a new Spring/Summer catalog, you may be sitting on a stack of Fall/Winter catalogs which will soon be obsolete. How do you get rid of the retired books?
The easiest answer is don’t have any left over catalogs. Whether you have a few days or a few weeks before you switch over to the new season, commit yourself to get rid of them NOW, while they are still current. Step up your marketing efforts to ensure you disburse those catalogs while they are still current.
Do a mailing – either to your existing customers or to new target markets. If you’re having a sale or discontinued items stamp the outside of the catalog, either with an ink stamp or label, highlighting the special – i.e. “Most items 10% off during February”. Leave them in public restrooms; give them to store clerks, waitresses or your kiddo’s teachers. Get rid of them. Decide that you won’t have any left over as you enter the new season. Don’t try. Do.
If for whatever reason you do find yourself still with some leftover catalogs, I’ve heard a few suggestions on what you can do with them, and no surprise here, I do not agree with the masses.
The common suggestion:
Affix a sticker to the front of the catalog with a cutesy poem or little ditty that says something along the lines of “This is a retired catalog, contact me for a current one and claim your free prize.”
Why I don’t agree with this suggestion: Continue reading
9. Buy from yourself and receive commission (a rebate) on all your own purchases.
8. Earn extra play money or earn enough to support your family – both are possible. No monthly minimums.
7. No matter where you live or to where you move, you can take your business with you.
6. Product quality is 2nd to none – something you can stand behind and be proud of. Nothing sells itself, but Scentsy Family products are an easy sell.
5. Parent company is family friendly and offers plenty of prize incentives including all-expense paid trips.
4. Liberal freedom in how you choose to work your business – online, vendor events, home parties, fundraisers, one on one – your choice.
3. Be an independent business owner with an industry leading, award winning company with brand recognition and professionally crafted marketing collateral.
2. Choice of 1-2 brands to sell: Scentsy Fragrance and/or Velata (Electric Grills, Crepe Makers, Ceramic Cutlery, Chocolate & Cheese Fondue) and ability to enroll others into both, even if you only choose to sell one. This equates to increased commissions and earning potential for you.
1. Access to unmatched training tools that give you absolutely everything you need to be successful. You may be in business for yourself, but never by yourself.
The above list is just a sampling of all the benefits to being an independent consultant with the Scentsy Family. There are plenty of other marvelous reasons why you should join Scentsy. I’m ready, willing and able to answer all your questions or to support you as you start your own Scentsy business. To learn more about me click here and to get started today click here.
About the Author: Laurie Ayers is a Michigan work from home mom and a Superstar Director with Scentsy Wickless Candles. She enjoys helping men and women start and maintain a home based business in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Germany, Austria, Ireland and the UK. To download a FREE Start Up Guide which provides more details about how to start a home business as well as to learn about our compensation plan go to www.thrivingcandlebusiness.com/how-to-start-a-candle-business/ or for updates on Facebook LIKE www.facebook.com/ThrivingCandleBusiness and twitter @directsalesblog
Double Your Investment: U.S. Scentsy Consultant $99 Starter Kit is Valued at $215
I’ve seen a number of different figures posted as it relates to how much value you get with your $99 Scentsy starter kit in the United States. I’ve seen dollar values ranging from $276 to $400. Yet… it’s the same kit for all who enroll. While contents may vary, the dollar value remains the same or very similar.
Bottom line is our Scentsy Starter Kit is an EXCELLENT VALUE and you more than double your investment. Where today can you double your investment right from the start?
My personal opinion is that I don’t much care for it when others inflate our kit value. It’s already a fantastic value. Many current consultants would purchase a second kit if we didn’t have the one per lifetime rule. It’s that great of a value. So what is the point in inflating it even more than it already is?
Truth in Advertising
Some of the varying figures I’ve seen is because the of the way the values are calculated. I’ve seen one that takes into consideration the effort to melt down the scent testers. Scent testers are small pots of wax, labeled and containing a lid, created for the purpose to let guests sniff all of the scents we have before they purchase. That is why you get a full set of all the fragrances with your starter kit – to help your customers experience Scentsy before they buy it.
Well sure you could melt down the testers and get the same amount of wax used for x amount of candle bars, then you can say that your kit is worth more because it’s like saying you getting extra bars, and here is how much a bar would cost, so therefore here’s a figure you can add into the value.
Except that’s a skewed statistic. Calculating it that way does not account for A. Your labor to do so. Failing to account for your time involved in both party and non-party tasks is failing to accurately value something and B. It also doesn’t take into account the costs involved in actual bars that include the clamshell case and label.
If you’re going to give a value of something, make sure you’re comparing apples to apples. To do otherwise is what one U.S. President calls “fuzzy math.”
Setting the Record Straight
Take a look for yourself. Below are the contents of the current United States Scentsy Consultant Starter Kit. Remember that during February and August the kits are supersized to include the upcoming season catalogs and scent testers, in addition to the current ones. So those anomalies are not included in the calculations below. Also as mentioned above, contents are subject to vary. So if you sign up and you don’t get exactly the same contents here it’s because contents vary.
Here’s the breakdown of the $99 Starter Kit to show you what each item would cost if purchased individually – apples to apples:
Party Tester Set Full Set: $75
Customer Order Forms: $10
Scentsy Consultant Start Guide: $4
Host Envelopes (Starter Kit) – QTY 5: $1.20
Scentsy Host Brochure: $2
Scentsy Join Brochure: $2
Scentsy Print Your Own Label: $6
Product Lists Spring/Summer: $3
Quick Start Guide: N/C
Showcase Brochure: $6
Catalogs – QTY 25: $12
Party Invitations: $7
TOTAL BUSINESS SUPPLIES: $128
Scentsy Warmer DELUXE: $30
Layers Body Lotion: $10
Scentsy Bar – QTY 2: $10
French Lavender Scent Pak: $7
Layers Body Spray: $8
Icon Category Cards: $3
Layers Washer Whiffs: $12
Layers Dryer Disks: $7
TOTAL PRODUCT: $87
TOTAL VALUE OF THE $99 STARTER KIT: $215
Double your investment from the moment you join! The Scentsy starter kit is an excellent value. Ready to join me? Get started here.
If any of these Scentsy candle scents are your favorites, be sure to stock up before 28 Feb. 2015 because after that date they will be discontinued.
Better yet, during February there is an additional 10% off on most everything on my website, so instead of $25 for 6 bars, they’re $22.50 for 6. That comes out to $3.75 per bar, compared to reg. retail of $5 each.
Apple Press, Autumn Blaze Maple, Autumn Sunset, Boho, Caramel Pear Crisp, Cedar Cider, Christmas Cottage, Cinnamon Bear, Clementine Clove, Clove & Cinnamon, Cozy Fireside, Enchanted Mist, Eskimo Kiss, Everything Nice, Frosted Ginger Cookie, Goody Goody Gumdrop, Happy Birthday, Heartbreaker, Honey Pear Cider, Huckleberry Sage, Iced Pine, Jet, Set, Go! Mandarin Moon, Mellow Moment, Orange Amber, Orange You Glad, Peppermint Dreams, Perk Me Up, Pomegranate Pear, Pumpkin Marshmallow, Route 66, Serene Green, Silver Bells, Simply Cinnamon, Simply Lemon, Simply Nashi Pear, Simply Patchouli, Sno-Leil, Snowberry, Spiced Berries, Sugar & Spice, Vanilla Suede, Very Merry Cranberry, Whiteout, Winter Pine