Finding Blog Topics
Having a hard time coming up with topics to write about for your direct sales blog? Whether you truly have a case of writer’s block or you’re just using that as an excuse to not update your website with fresh content, below are seven tips to keep the ideas flowing.
1. Look around. Your life and people in your life can inspire just about any blog post. If you’re a new mom, perhaps the mere fact that you’re tired all the time, but need to keep getting up even when you don’t feel like it will inspire you to write about working even when you don’t feel like it.
2. Product highlights. The importance of a blog is not to sell, but to inform. Give your readers something they can use. Write about the benefits and features of some of your products.
3. Fun facts or tips about your industry. Whether about direct sales in general or something about candles, jewelry, cooking, fitness, beauty or whatever industry you’re in there’s always something interesting you can write about.
4. Stories and testimonials. Not self serving promotional stories but rather write about how someone was helped because of your products. Perhaps someone with a challenging skin condition found relief with your lotions or how one missed burning candles because of her rambunctious toddlers but thanks to wickless candles she now enjoys a fresh scented home.
5. FAQ. Do you find your team members or customers tend to ask the same questions? Answer the questions before they ask them by blogging your most frequently asked questions.
6. Team Building. Share some of your experiences about recruiting, sales or hosting that can be of assistance to your team members. If you feel you have proprietary information you’d rather not give away in an open forum, save those gems for your private team forum. Though, I am certain there is other helpful information that isn’t considered top secret that would make great blog topics.
7. Specials and Announcements. Do you have a limited time host-only special or something on sale for the month? Do you have products that are being discontinued or are you releasing a new catalog? These would all make fabulous blog posts.
They key is not to over think this and make it more difficult than it needs to be. Keep in mind that your purpose is to inform; give readers a reason to check back regularly and find something helpful about your blog. If you run out of ideas, refer back to #1 above, simply look around your life – you’ll likely be able to turn almost any situation into a business lesson.
Stop stalling and start writing.
About the Author: Laurie Ayers is a Michigan work from home mom and a Superstar Director with Scentsy Wickless Candles. She enjoys helping men and women start and maintain a home based business in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Germany, Ireland, France, Spain and the UK. To download a FREE Start Up Guide which provides more details about how to start a home business as well as to learn about our compensation plan go to www.thrivingcandlebusiness.com/how-to-start-a-candle-business/ or for updates on Facebook LIKE www.facebook.com/ThrivingCandleBusiness and twitter @directsalesblog