Why Choose to Work with Laurie Ayers
I have been in direct sales since 1988, that means next year will be thirty years (30!) in this business. I’ve conducted hundreds of home parties; I’ve worked booths at vendor events; and I’ve worked my direct sales business online. There isn’t much I haven’t done when it comes to working a home based party plan business. Since 2006 I have been with Scentsy. I am top ranked as an independent Superstar Director, only a fraction of one percent of all consultants reach this rank. Much of the knowledge, skills and abilities I’ve obtained in direct sales are transferable, no matter what company you represent.
Why Join My Team?
If you want to start a direct sales business and think you may be interested in Scentsy, keep reading. You can find a Scentsy consultant on just about any online forum and in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Ireland, UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Australia, New Zealand, France, Spain, and Austria so why join my team? What makes me different than all the others? Well, for starters:
- I started with the Candle Industry in 1995
- I have been involved with Internet Marketing in 1999
- I started my Scentsy business in 2006 (Earned Annual Mentor Award 2008, 2009, 2010. 2011, 2012 & 2017)
Interested in starting a scentsy business and wondering
what kind of support you will receive?
I am an independent sales Superstar Director with Scentsy (though affectionately dubbed Wax Boss). I have consultants on my team who live all over the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany and the UK. I am currently expanding my team to Mexico, Austria, Spain, France and Ireland. My team, Abundant Prosperity, is entirely long distance from me and it works well. I am available by telephone, email, instant messenge Skype, Facetime and at times will travel to meet up with team members and their down line.
Once you log into your personal work station you will find a company wide consultant forum, and extensive Training Center. AP Team members have our own private Facebook Group. I also created www.ThrivingCandleBusiness.com as an additional resource site for you. I can call or email as often as you’d like, or I can easily leave you alone and simply be available to you when you need me it’s your choice.
I’ve conducted many home parties over the years; I’ve worked numerous vendor events; I can offer suggestions on home party alternatives and have a strong background in marketing. I’ve been online for fifteen years and have been immersed within the work at home community. My undergraduate education is in Business Administration and I am a member/officer of Toastmasters International, Club GVSU 4380. I am very bottom line, business minded and believe in growing strong leaders and watching profit margins. Don’t mistake my business acumen to mean I am a stuffed shirt. Get to know me a bit and you’ll find I laugh more than should be allowed by law and live life to the fullest. If you don’t enjoy what you’re doing, why bother? I just believe business is business.
What kind of “demands” do I make on my team members? Only two:
- Have fun with this business – (“it’s-just-wax“ albeit fabulous wax!) and
- Don’t blow smoke up my skirt. I appreciate raw honesty and authentic consultants. (Though you don’t have to be mean about, just be real).
Who would not be a good fit for Abundant Prosperity?
I firmly believe it is important to get a good fit between recruit and sponsor. No sponsorship changes are allowed once you join, therefore I encourage you to do due diligence and interview a number of different sponsors before jump on board.
I welcome the opportunity to work with you. And just as I ask that you be genuine with me, I will offer up the same. You may not be a good fit if:
- You thrive on local team meetings.I can likely hook you up with some people local to you, but I don’t have a local team, thusly no local meetings.
- You need a lot of public accolades. Due to privacy issues, our policies and procedures prohibit sharing much personal information with others, though I do recognize people privately. I also embrace that we are all independent business owners, running our own race. Comparing team members often turns into pitting them against each other. Those who are doing well, know they are doing well; whereas when other team members are doing the best they can, or have a different personal situation where they cannot or choose not to play with the big dogs, then repeatedly hearing the same consultant names over and over is not at all motivating. (e.g. “That’s nice that Jane Doe won this or went on this trip or achieved that, but I’m over here busting my behind and hearing all about Jane is not helping me.”)
- You’re looking for a sponsor to tell you what you need to know vs. teach you where to find the information you need. Don’t get me wrong, I love questions, I really do – it’s a sign of self sufficiency and a willingness to learn. I’m referring to a difference between “Where can I find information about compensation or rank structure?” vs. “When do I get paid?” If I show you where this information is and elaborate on it more or rephrase it a little differently, you’re 10x more likely to remember it and be able to explain it to your downline. Whereas if I just tell you the answer, then I’m just feeding you and never teaching you to feed yourself.
- You tend to be sensitive to emails and interject tone or emotion into them. Ask anyone on my team and if they’re honest they’ll tell you some of my correspondences aren’t terribly fluffy. In business I tend to just stick to the facts. That is sometimes falsely interpreted as me being short, snooty, not very nice or some other choice words. I assure you that is not the case – at all. If you had me on the phone or were sitting next to me, you’d see kind eyes and a nice smile. But I am aware my emails don’t always smile.
In short, I genuinely hope the above does not scare you off. If you’re looking for someone to help you grow a successful business, I can do that. WYSIWYG – What You See is What You Get. If you’re looking for a family environment or sisterhood sorority experience, I may not be a good fit.
I’m a mother of two, a teenager and a young adult, plus two long eared basset hounds. I work from my home in West Michigan and I live in the Eastern time zone (hint, hint when making phone calls). I take helping others very seriously, but I don’t take my self seriously at all. I have been told more than a few times that I have a great sense of humor and also that I do not mince words (if you don’t really want the truth, then don’t ask me because I call it like I see it!) I’d love for you to consider the Scentsy opportunity I’m thrilled that I did and want others to enjoy the benefits as much as I do!
But don’t just take my word for it. Below are some third-party testimonials from existing Scentsy consultants and customers:
Laurie, Orville and I were inspired by your attitude, encouragement and love for Scentsy and its’ products. It is evident that you exhibit the values and qualities we would love all of our consultants to have. Keep up the good work. – Heidi Thompson, President Scentsy, Inc.
Laurie, Thank you for responding to my last email, and all of them actually, especially with as detailed and as fast as you do! I find it truly amazing and a blessing that I can always count on your help and advice, just by email – especially since I live by email and texting as my main communication methods for everyone. – Christina
Laurie is a true example of a go-giver. She is always ready to help any and every consultant. It does not matter if such a consultant is a member of her team or not. She follows the rules and abides by the Policies and Procedures of our company. Whenever, a question about the P&P comes up, you can trust Laurie to provide the correct answer. As a Canadian Consultant, Laurie, who is in the U.S, has always tried to the best of her ability to provide answers to my questions. Sometimes it is hard to believe that we are thousands of miles apart. I plan to attend Convention next year particularly to meet her and let her know what a blessing she has been to me and my Scentsy business.
Hi Laurie, My name is Carrie and I just recently ordered and received all products ordered. I appreciate the online satisfaction from your website. I had a question regaurding a back ordered product which you promptly addressed and I received it the day you said it would be shipped, yesterday. THANKS A BUNCH! I have recommended friends to your website for their purchases which 2 have ordered and one is ordering this week. We get a bit of a break on the cost from online ordering which we love! There are many scentsy reps online but you caught my eye in your business appearance. We will continue ordering from you online and I will and am referring friends to your website for future orders! I’m sure you get many thanks from customers so I just wanted to add a thanks myself to you. Thanks again and I am very satisfied with the products ordered! SMELLS GREAT AROUND THE HOUSE! -Sincerely a Satisfied Customer!
Ok, so like I must let everyone know here how fantastic Laurie Ayers is! We use to be consultants with another company and was thrilled to see her with Scentsy. Anytime I have a question, she is ALWAYS there to answer them and help me out. I would be lost without her guidance and support! – Vicki
Any time I see someone questioning the policies and procedures Laurie is there with all her expertise quoting the Scentsy Handbook. I wish I was that up on the book, lol. Keep up the great team support Laurie!!! – Diann
Thank you for all of your advice and support this past year and has been quite a ride! – Dawn
Laurie, thank you so much for being such a wonderful Director, I got your package today and was so excited. You are a great lady and I am glad that you have found such Success in Scentsy and I hope too be right behind you! – Jessica
Thank you to Laurie Ayers who has put up with me and thank you Scentsy for being such an awesome product! – Emily
I am not even in her downline or even know her but I enjoy reading all of her posts…no matter if she is calming someone down, correcting compliance questions with quotes directly from the hand book or just offering her 2 Scents worth…you are really lucky to be a part of her team. – Kellie
Laurie, Just letting ya know you’re Awesome! Hope you have a great week!! – Adie
Laurie, It was great meeting you in person. Thank you so much for the time and effort you took to come here to help us. It was very much appreciated by everyone! – Deb
I know Laurie is an excellent Sponsor. We all can become excellent sponsors and leaders if we really want to be and apply what our Upline has told us and if we remain teachable! – Paula
Laurie, You win the good customer service award! Great product and even better customer service. Thank you! – Debbi
He has read many of your posts in the past and has been impressed, as I have been, with your ability to be consistently accurate. Your posts are always calm, even-tempered and steady. – Scentsy Corporate
The following are some of the anonymous feedback left from Scentsy consultants on our internal consultant feedback system:
Thank you for sharing this! I appreciate your willingness to share so that if we have “ears to hear” we will learn! Sadly, I am afraid not everyone has ears to hear. Thanks again for your advice!
Well spoken by someone who spouts off P&P like they wrote it.
You always have such great advice on here [consultant forum]. I appreciate it very much.
Thank you for your words of inspiration. It is so important to run our own race. Thank you 🙂
I love how you always answer questions using quotes from the handbook…helps everyone focus on the “official” answer. Thanks!